[PyQt] Decorated slot has no compatible signature

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Sun Nov 20 19:16:01 GMT 2016

I'm using QNetworkManager to upload some files to a site. To see the
progress I've defined a slot that gets connected to the uploadProgress
signal.

The slot is defined:

    @pyqtSlot(int, int)
    def updateDataTransferProgress(self, readBytes, totalBytes):

and is connected to a reply object thus:

  reply.uploadProgress.connect(self.updateDataTransferProgress)

However, this gives the error message:

TypeError
"decorated slot has no signature compatible with uploadProgress(qint64,qint64)"

I'm running on Ubuntu 16.10 which has PyQt5.7. I believe slot verification has been tightened
up in this version, but as far as I can see the above declaration is correct.

How can I fix this?

Regards,
Tony.
--
Tony Arnold MBCS, CITP | Senior IT Security Analyst | Directorate of IT Services | G64, Kilburn Building | The University of Manchester | Manchester M13 9PL | T: +44 161 275 6093 | M: +44 773 330 0039