[PyQt] Documentation for QFileDialog::getOpenFileName

open at zeitloos.de open at zeitloos.de
Mon May 30 11:37:16 BST 2016

Hello,

I just started to try out PyQt for teaching purposes and I am very exited. I found just one possible pitfall:

For the static member function QFileDialog::getOpenFileName, the C++ version returns a single QString. In PyQt Documentation, only this documentation is referenced. In PyQt, this method seems to return a (str, str) tuple with filename and filter in it. Maybe this should be documented somewhere.

Bye

  elo