[PyQt] Request for Feedback on pyqtdeploy Android Support

Phil Thompson phil at riverbankcomputing.com
Sat May 28 18:34:13 BST 2016

A common problem with using pyqtdeploycli to build a static version of Python for Android is getting the configuration correct. The C library that Android uses (bionic) is (historically at least) incomplete, buggy and poorly documented - all of which varies from version to version.

The current repo version of pyqtdeploy (which will soon become v1.3) can now handle different API levels so it is possible to fine tune the configuration.

So, can people who have had to make manual adjustments to the pyconfig.h file generated by pyqtdeploycli let me know...

What value had to be changed?

Was the change to get it to compile, or to avoid a crash at runtime?

What API level were you using?

I'm also interested generally in what API levels are being used - there's no point in supporting old versions that nobody is using.

Thanks,