[PyQt] Gifs shown inside a label doesn't update itself regulary in Pyqt5

michael h michaelkenth at gmail.com
Sat May 14 16:18:45 BST 2016

> I explained the problem in detail here
> <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/37198582/gifs-shown-inside-a-label-doesnt-update-itself-regulary-in-pyqt5>
>

>From your post it sounds like you know what the problem is already. If you
block the main thread, the GUI will not update.

Suggestions:

- If pexpect needs to work in one thread, have a dedicated pexpect thread
that you communicate with using signals/slots.
- From reading the pexpect docs, there is a way to make expect() return an
asyncio coroutine which would be one way to avoid separate threads
entirely... See https://github.com/harvimt/quamash