[PyQt] Dynamic loading and pyqtdeplot and iOS

David Morris othalan at othalan.net
Wed May 4 17:11:24 BST 2016

Rob,

While iOS does support dynamic modules as of version 8, that support is
extremely limited compared to most platforms.  I have not experimented with
it yet, however my understanding that dynamic modules must be compiled as a
framework (not just a shared library) and must be properly signed, just
like an app.

For myself, I just compile NumPy as a static library compiled directly into
the executable.  I can write up a description of how I did this if you are
interested ....

Out of curiosity, are you using the latest version of NumPy?  (1.11)  What
did it take to get it compiled for iOS?  I am running version 1.9.3, but
had to patch a few files.  I haven't looked into more recent versions yet,
but suspect patching is necessary still ... ?

David