[PyQt] building QtWebView for PyQT 5.6 snapshot

Kevin Mcintyre kebin70 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 05:08:10 GMT 2016

this was odd.  The date on the QtWebEngineProcess

~/Qt/5.6/gcc_64/libexec$ ls -l

-rwxr-xr-x 1 ubuntu ubuntu  5736 Mar  3 12:04 QtWebEngineProcess
-rwxr-xr-x 1 ubuntu ubuntu 10528 Mar 19 19:11 QtWebProcess
-rwxr-xr-x 1 ubuntu ubuntu  6360 Mar 19 19:11 QtWebPluginProcess

this issue I resolved libQt5WebEngineCore.so.5 via export
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/home/ubuntu/Qt/5.6/gcc_64/lib in my .bashrc file.

All ship shape now.  Nice to actually see WebEngine working again on my
local.