[PyQt] pyqtdeploy, Ubuntu and dynamically loading modules...

Robert Kent rob at gulon.co.uk
Tue Mar 8 18:49:21 GMT 2016

Hi Phil,

After successfully creating a build of my application with MacOSX and
Windows using pyqtdeploy I am now onto the final candidate, namely Linux
(Ubuntu to be precise). I have successfully got my application to build,
but when I come to run it and load modules dynamically I run into the
following error:

   File ":/imp.py", line 243, in load_module
ImportError: numpy.core.multiarray.so: undefined symbol: PyExc_SystemError

I am using the exact same mechanism and layout that I used (sucessfully)
on MacOSX, i.e. numpy.core.multiarray.so is placed alongside my
exectuable, so I'm not sure where I'm going wrong. Google seems to think
that it may be because numpy was built with/for the (static?) system
Python and this maybe some kind of issue (I actually installed it via
pip). If this is the case, how do I go about rebuilding it from source
as the deployed python is a library, not an exe?

My setup is as follows:

Ubuntu 15.04 64bit
pyqtdeploy 1.2
Python 3.4.3
PyQt 5.4.2
Qt 5.4.2

Any thoughts, advice or suggestions would be thoroughly appreciated!

Thanks, Rob