[PyQt] WebEngineView Multi platform _Win, Lin, Mac_ desktop experience

Rembrand at daxLAB rembrand at daxlab.com
Mon Jun 20 17:31:15 BST 2016

Dear all,

Can I replace my QWebView (from WebKit)  safely with QWebEngineView when I want my application to run on Windows, Linux and Mac OSX?
I'm asking since I had a hard time to get it stable/or even running on all 3 platforms with Qt 5.5.1.

Is anybody out there with experience on one or all mentioned platforms.  I also got the feeling that there are a lot more dependencies involved (not always available on vanila test/targetes user systems).