[PyQt] Toolbar icon text clipping in pyqt4

Nicholas Earl nchlsearl at gmail.com
Fri Jun 17 23:12:38 BST 2016

Hey there,

I'm developing an application on Mac. I am keeping it compatible with both
PyQt4 and PyQt5, however, I've noticed that when I run the application
using PyQt4 my toolbar's icon text is getting clipped. The clipping varies,
sometimes from the bottom and sometimes the icon covers the text.

When I view the application in PyQt5, it looks perfect. I'm simply creating
a toolbar via "addToolBar", creating actions using QAction, and adding
actions to the toolbar with "addAction".

An example: http://pasteboard.co/1Lbf7Xcq.png

Thanks for any help,
Nicholas Earl