[PyQt] build pyqt 5.7 from source failed

Kyle Altendorf sda at fstab.net
Fri Jul 29 18:55:37 BST 2016

On 2016-07-26 12:26, Barry Scott wrote:
> On Tuesday, 26 July 2016 15:28:13 BST MOHAMED BLACK wrote:
>> hi
>>
>> the build process of PyQt5_gpl-5.7.zip
>> <https://sourceforge.net/projects/pyqt/files/PyQt5/PyQt-5.7/PyQt5_gpl-5.7.zi
>> p> failed at:
>> sipQtGuiQPalette.cpp
>> sipQtGuiQPdfWriter.cpp
>> sipQtGuiQPen.cpp
>> sipQtGuiQPicture.cpp
>> .\sipQtGuiQPicture.cpp(681): fatal error C1001: An internal error has
>> occurred in the compiler.
>> (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1468)
>>  To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program
>> near
>> the locations listed above.
>> Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
>>  Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more
>> information
>> Internal Compiler Error in C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
>> Studio
>> 14.0\VC\BIN\cl.EXE.  You will be prompted to send an error report to
>> Microsoft later.
>> INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual
>> Studio
>> 14.0\VC\BIN\cl.EXE'
>>     Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
>>     Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more
>> information
>
> Looks like you crashed the the C++ compiler.
>
> google for "fatal error C1001: An internal error has occurred in the
> compiler.
> (compiler file 'msc1.cpp', line 1468)" and you will see a number
> reports about
> this bug.

Same issue here.  Looks like we wait until August 2nd (Tuesday) for an
update...  or find an old version until then.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/2869042/new-internal-compiler-error-only-in-vs2015-update-3

Jonathan wrote:
Apologies for the delay, but I can now confirm that this fix will
be released in the next upcoming patch to Visual Studio 2015,
currently scheduled for 2 August.