[PyQt] Incompatible Qt libraries in pyqtdeploy installation

dl dl.lists at ntlworld.com
Mon Jan 18 20:29:17 GMT 2016

*Solved.*

On 18/01/16 13:59, dl wrote:

> Next on trying to launch pyqtdeploy through command terminal I get
> this message ...
>
>     pyqtdeploy
>     Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x50201) with this
>     library (version 0x50501)

> How do I resolve these conflicting libraries?
> It seems that version 5.2.1 is still being referenced. But where? In
> pyqtdeploy?
>
> dl

I didn't find the source of conflicting 5.2.1 library, but I've applied
a workaround to get pyqtdeploy to install.

(1) Run command qmake --version to get Qt libs path.

    QMake version 3.0
    Using Qt version 5.5.1 in /opt/qt55/lib

(2) Check value of $LD_LIBRARY_PATH

    echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/:/usr/lib/

(3) Prepend path to $LD_LIBRARY_PATH in ~/.profile

    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/opt/qt55/lib/":${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}

(4) Reboot

(5) Check that $LD_LIBRARY_PATH is updated (prepended)

    echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    /opt/qt55/bin/:/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/:/usr/lib/

(6) Go to pyqtdeploy download/clone folder.

(7) Run commands

    make VERSION
    make pyqtdeploy/version.py
    sudo python3 setup.py install

to completion ..

(8) Finally test that pyqtdeploy GUI launches by running command in
terminal ...

    pyqtdeploy

dl