[PyQt] Bug when running pyqt application as root?

Mart Stecker mart.stekker at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 20:31:14 GMT 2016

Hello,

I just created a pyqt4 application using the designer (python 2.7). There
are several buttons involved and I use the theme-icons eg application-exit.

When running this application as non root all theme-icons are displayed as
in the designer.When running the application as root or with sudo (Ubuntu)
the buttons do not show the icons anymore.

This application needs root permission, but without icons the GUI is
difficult to operate.

I tested this with Debian and Ubuntu (gnome).

Is this a bug in pyqt? Does someone know a solution?

Thanks in advance,

Mart