[PyQt] Segmentation fault with PyQt4 + VTK

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 11:14:43 GMT 2016

Hi all,

I've filed a bug with VTK regarding a segmentation fault when VTK 6.2
and PyQt4 are imported at the same time on Ubuntu 15.10, with both of
them installed from distro packages:

   http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=16009

But since I'm unsure whether this bug is with VTK, with PyQt4 or
something else, I'm bringing it up here as well.

Has anyone seen this kind of behavior?

The issue is very easy to reproduce, and I've included instructions
for doing so in a Docker container at the URL above.

The backtraces looks like mostly Qt, so perhaps VTK is not to blame here?

Very thankful for any tips/advice, since I have a PyQt4 + VTK program
that I need to get running as soon as possible.

Best regards,
Elvis Stansvik