[PyQt] Crash using QWebEngineView with certain web sites

oliver oliver.schoenborn at gmail.com
Sun Feb 7 20:26:04 GMT 2016

Ah Thanks!  I had found
https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2015-March/035698.html
based on Detlev's hints and google's awesome site-based search ("site:
www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt kovid crash exit") but the link
you posted is surely it, as it discusses cycles that interfere with exit
cleanup and leads to Kovid's break_cycles() vs deleteLater vs gc and
safe_disconnect. I'll have to try some of these in my code.

On Sun, Feb 7, 2016 at 1:29 PM, Baz Walter <bazwal at ftml.net> wrote:

> On 07/02/16 15:33, oliver wrote:
>
>> From Kovid Goyal <kovid at kovidgoyal.net>:
>>> And note that your script will segfault on exit, even with nss 3.20
>>> because of object lifetime issues, I posted the workaround for that
>>> sometime earlier in this list.
>>>

>> Anyone remember by any chance the subject of that email, I'd like to have
>> look as I have been seeing crashes on exit for a pyqt app I'm writing.
>> Oliver
>>

> I think it may have been this one about explicitly breaking cycles on exit:
>

> http://riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2015-October/036559.html
>
> --
> Regards
> Baz Walter