[PyQt] Bug in QFileDialog for PyQt5 / Qt5.7 ?

Massimo Vassalli massimo.vassalli at nanobioscience.eu
Thu Dec 1 12:26:42 GMT 2016

Dear all,

I found a strange behaviour (a bug ?) In the new implementation
of QFileDialog I'm using with Qt5.7 / PyQt5.7.

In short, the static function QFileDialog.getOpenFileNames() which is
expected to let the user selet more than one file and return a list, does
only half of the job. The dialog is executed with FileMode set to
QFileDialog.ExistingFiles (so that the user can select more than one file)
but the function returns only the first file of the list (the first clicked
file, to be precise). A workaround is to instantiate the class QFileDialog
and use it:

q = QtWidgets.QFileDialog()
q.setAcceptMode(QtWidgets.QFileDialog.AcceptOpen)
q.setFileMode(QtWidgets.QFileDialog.ExistingFiles)
fnames = q.selectedFiles()

Should it be considered a bug or was I wrong in using the static function ?

Massimo

--
Dr Massimo Vassalli
NanoBioScience Goup - www.nanobioscience.eu