[PyQt] In QtPy5 QLabel.setText() is not a built-in method?

James Peabody james.peabody at me.com
Tue Apr 26 00:10:38 BST 2016

I am attempting to change the text of a QLabel programmatically to become the value contained in a type(str).

No matter how I try, this causing an abend of pythonw. This appears to be virgin ground after searching google and this mail list. Interrogating the objects I am using I can see that the instance of my QLabel has a <built-in method text QLabel object…> but it does not have a <built-in method setText QLabel object…>.

It might be noteworthy that I can use setText() and pass a literal and that does work as one might expect.

How does one go about altering the text of QLabels with the contents of a string?

TIA-
James