[PyQt] Missing pyqtconfig

Stewart McLay stewart.mclay at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 09:34:09 BST 2016

I am using Arch Linux but it does not seem to have pyqtconfig installed for
PyQt4 or PyQt5. I read in the documentation (see
http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/PyQt4/build_system.html#module-PyQt4.pyqtconfig).
..

"Deprecated since version 4.10.

The old PyQt4 build system is an extension of the SIP v4 build system and
is implemented by the pyqtconfig
<http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/PyQt4/build_system.html#module-PyQt4.pyqtconfig>
module. It can be used by configuration scripts of other bindings that
build on top of PyQt4 and takes care of the details of the Qt installation.

Note that the pyqtconfig
<http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/PyQt4/build_system.html#module-PyQt4.pyqtconfig>
module is only created if you use *configure.py* and not if you use
*configure-ng.py*."

This is confusing. It would appear that pyqtconfig is deprecated but the
new build system is not in place yet. Is this correct?