[PyQt] pyqtdeploy working environment

Sébastien RAMAGE sramage at poifindus.com
Fri Apr 15 13:13:01 BST 2016

Hi !

I'm desperately trying to have a working environment to build a python
(pyQt) application for android
I'm using Ubuntu 15.10 and I got something working with pyqtdeploy 1.2.1
and python 3.4.3 and Qt 5.4.2 and PyQt 5.4.2 and android ndk r10e (after
many tries including Qt 5.5 and Qt 5.3, ndk 11c, etc)

it "works" but now my app requires the time module and xmlrpc.client
module, I could bypass the time module using PyQt equivalent but for
xmlrpc.client I have no option.

The problem is that :
I can compile by checking "android shared library" in pyqtdeploy but my
app crash when importing xmlrpc.client
unchecking "android shared library" I can't compile socketmodule

Phil, if you have a working build environment could you provide a
virtual machine (virtualbox or vagrant for example) with all the stuff ?

As an alternative, having a "special button" in pyqtdeploy that
configure everything like downloading Qt, PyQt, Python, Android sdk/ndk
and compile all of that, would be very very appreciate

Seb