[PyQt] Experimental PyQt5 v5.6 Wheels Available

Stephen Hansen me at ixokai.io
Mon Apr 11 01:12:20 BST 2016

On Sun, Apr 10, 2016, at 02:18 PM, Phil Thompson wrote:
> > I asked about that, because one of the other posters in this thread said installing a second Qt was a major issue for them on Windows.
>
> I interpreted that as saying installing from the Qt website wasn't as
> easy as pip'ing a .whl.

Yes, that's basically what I meant.

My point was that I didn't see a net benefit in having a wheel on PyPI
if you had to go to the very annoying Qt website to install Qt
independently, so I was arguing *for* bundling Qt even if it means PyQt
can't be on PyPI for now.

Though as long the not-bundling-Qt option has a tool to allow it to
point to a non-default location, the argument is fairly mild, as that
would be a net loss in convenience, but only a small amount.

--S