[PyQt] dbus build error with latest pyqt5 snapshot

Baz Walter bazwal at ftml.net
Thu Apr 7 19:40:07 BST 2016

Using the latest pyqt5 snapshot (1604061336), I get an error at the end
of the build that dbus/dbus-python.h couldn't be found.

Looking at the diff for configure.py, I see that the qmake_quote
function is now used on the includepath in generate_module_makefile. The
problem is that the includepath for dbus is a *list* of paths, which
means that the spaces *between* the paths are being wrongly escaped.
This results in the list being treated as a single path, which is
obviously why the header can't be found later.

In an attempt to overcome this issue, I came across another problem. I
tried specifying a single include path using the --dbus option, thinking
that this would result in the defaults being over-ridden. But I was
puzzled to find that this only results in the user-specified path being
*appended* to the list of defaults.

When I look at the check_dbus function, I see that it is *only* the
user-specified path that is checked. If the check fails, the defaults
aren't also checked (which makes sense), and the dbus support is
disabled. But if the check succeeds, for some reason the defaults are
still used, and are also given priority over the user-specified path
(which I don't understand). Is there a reason why it is done this way?

--
Regards
Baz Walter