[PyQt] PyQt4 or PyQt5 on PyPI?

Elvis Stansvik elvstone at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 07:41:32 BST 2016

Hi Jesse,

Den 6 apr 2016 6:10 fm skrev "Jesse Bloom" <jbloom at fredhutch.org>:

> Are there any plans to put PyQt4 or PyQt4 on PyPI so that they can be
installed using pip like a normal Python package? It is hard to use this
package in normal Python installation processes due to the fact that it is
not on PyPI.

> The only information I could find about this is the following on
StackOverflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4628519/is-it-possible-to-require-pyqt-from-setuptools-setup-py

See Phil's answer to my question in January, on this thread:

https://www.riverbankcomputing.com/pipermail/pyqt/2016-January/036851.html

>From what I understand, the status is that there are no concrete plans to
do so, but that it would be easier to do so starting with 5.6 (for some
definition of "easy").

But I'll let Phil give the authoritative answer.

Elvis