[PyQt] PyQt5.5.1

Simon Dible simon.dible at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 10:21:00 BST 2015

On 25 September 2015 at 12:22, Simon Dible <simon.dible at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 25/09/2015 09:59, Phil Thompson wrote:
>>
>> On 24 Sep 2015, at 11:23 pm, Simon Dible <simon.dible at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm just playing around with building pyqt for android target from a windows host. I have created a .ui based QMainWindow application, that has a menu bar a few buttons and a few labels with pixmaps setup, and uses bluetooth low energy. I have the graphics specified as filesystem paths instead of resources as suggested on pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/pyqtdeploy/pyrcc.html  On windows and linux the graphics load fine, but on android they don't appear to load, but the application works jsut fine.
>>
>> Do you mean a pyqtdeployed application works on Windows and Linux or a "normal" application?
>
> I mean a normal, non-deployed application. I'm unable to make a deployed application for windows, the deployment works, but then I hit some compiler errors building the c++,  I think its assuming msvc if windows and I'm using mingw so some headers don't match, but I haven't dug into this yet and I'm not at home to post the error string.  To answer another post I did see the Cannot open include file QApplication, i just found Qapplication manually and copied over the header include from within that file manually.
>
> I'll try on Linux (hopefully that just works) and report back later, unless you have any suggestions. Are there any deployment examples around I could try with my build setup?

I've just tried building a deployed package on Linux and that works OK.
This is using: QT5.5
pyqtdeploy1.1 (i think, the latest from pip anyway)
PyQt-gpl-5.5.1-snapshot-fc27a24424ee

Has anyone got this working or is this just me?

The resource file in the c++ code contains other python scripts that
are imported and work, so clearly the resource file is being build and
running, i can also see listed in the resource file the images, they
just aren't loading, and I don't know how to debug whats happening.

Thanks
Simon