[PyQt] sipEnumType_alloc: Assertion for PyQt5 but not PyQt4

Guðjón Guðjónsson gudjon.i.gudjonsson at gmail.com
Wed May 27 21:48:24 BST 2015

Hi list

I do have code that works perfectly when using PyQt4 but as soon as I
switch to PyQt5 I get the following error:
python: siplib.c:11997: sipEnumType_alloc: Assertion
`(((currentType)->td_flags & 0x0007) == 0x0003)' failed.

For PyQt4 the code works for both python2 and python3 but I get the error
for python2 and 3 when using PyQt5.

I have found people having similar bug and he solution was to recompile. I
have tried recompiling the whole Debian PyQt5 package but without success.

Does anyone have a hint on how to solve this?

Regards
Gudjon