[PyQt] Using Sip on template classes

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Fri May 1 14:54:34 BST 2015

On Fri, 1 May 2015 07:20:53 +0100, Guðjón Guðjónsson wrote:

> Does anyone have a simple example on sip interface to a template class. I
> have taken a look at qlist.sip and other information I have found on the
> internet but I have to admit that I am too stupid to understand it.
>    I wrote this very simple class and have been trying for several hours to
> write a sip interface to it but without success.

I think the SIP syntax is a little different to C++ syntax for these classes
so it can be confusing. Also, a lot of code that deals with templates is
typically for containers and the SIP equivalent uses the %MappedType
directive to deal with those. However, that's not what you want in this case,
I believe.

I put some code in a couple of places that should help get you started: