[PyQt] QtWebEngineWidgets crasher

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Thu Mar 19 05:13:37 GMT 2015

* Baz Walter <bazwal at ftml.net> [2015-03-19 03:15:03 +0000]:
> On 19/03/15 02:47, Kovid Goyal wrote:
> >Sounds like an object lifetime bug,
> >try explicitly deleting widget after app.exec_()
> >

> No that doesn't work, but it's not the point anyway. It's trivial to find
> several ways to "fix" my toy example - e.g. give the widget a parent, import
> QtWebEngineWidgets globally, move app into the test function, etc, etc.

I've added a QTimer to call app.closeAllWindows() after a second, left
this run for about 3 hours on Archlinux - no crashes here. :-/

> The question is why a non-global import of the QtWebEngineWidgets module
> (and no other PyQt module) causes my test case to crash on exit. At the
> moment, I can't find a way to debug it. Even with debug builds of PyQt5 and
> Qt5, the backtrace seems pretty useless (I also tried valgrind with similar
> results):

I have similiar issues (though I only get segfaults in one of maybe 50
runs) with my application without QtWebEngine. The backtraces usually
look similiar. Unfortunately I've given up properly debugging this,
but any pointers what to do to find out more would be welcome.

Florian