[PyQt] pyrcc5: "No resources in resource description."

Alan Ezust alan.ezust at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 18:58:11 GMT 2015

I had a custom designer widget with resources and now I want to make
another custom widget without resources.

I replaced the <resources> element with a <resources/> element so it looks
like the other designer forms, but for some reason, when I run pyrcc5 on
it, now it does not generate any ui_ file and instead just prints out "No
resources in resource description."

Why is it printing this when I don't want to use/have any resources at all
in this .ui file?
I can't see anything in the .ui file that is particularly different from
the other .ui files that are not using resources.