[PyQt] Width() is whack [continued, first message was incomplete]

michael h michaelkenth at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 04:34:24 BST 2015

> I messed with policies making them [maximum, maximum] and [expanding,
> expanding] and the widgets shown weren't changed in any way.

Are you sure the widgets and parent widgets were all inside layouts?

Give the widget inside the fixed section a fixed width with setFixedWidth()
and call setStretchFactor() on that section's index with a factor/value of
0.
If that doesn't work, try to pastebin a minimal example showing the problem
and it'll be easier to help fix it.