[PyQt] [Regression] QSGGeometry crash with PyQt 5.5

Arjen Hiemstra a.hiemstra at ultimaker.com
Mon Jul 27 13:25:37 BST 2015

So it took some fiddling, but I managed to reduce it to a fairly
simple test case, which is attached to this mail.

Along the way, I discovered a few things:

* If I never store the new paint node, geometry and material, I get a
crash as soon as the item should be rendered with PyQt 5.5. With PyQt
5.4 it just never shows up.
* If I create the new paint node as a function-local variable, then
just before returning store them as member variables, everything
works.
* If I create the paint node as member variable, the first time
updatePaintNode is called, everything works. As soon as I call
update() on the item however, things crash.