[PyQt] pyqt4 4.11.3 with Qt4.8.6, QTableView, header click, sorting

MM finjulhich at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 20:12:35 BST 2015

Hello,

I am trying to use new style signal/slot to connect
QTableView.horizontalHeader().sectionClicked signal to
QTableView.sortByColumns

this is the code:

self.tableView.horizontalHeader().sectionClicked.\
      connect(self.tableView.sortByColumn)

The little triangle appears in the header columns when I click, by sorting
does not happen.
I did do:  self.tableView.setSortingEnabled(True) _before_.

1. Can I use new style connect with the versions I have?
2. If yes, how can I express the section number, the int argument, to be
passed from sectionClicked to sortByColumn.

MM