[PyQt] ANN: PyQt v5.5 and SIP v4.16.9 Released

Detlev Offenbach detlev at die-offenbachs.de
Mon Jul 20 17:57:50 BST 2015

Hi,

I installed Qt 5.5.0 on my Linux box using the online installer selecting the LGPL version (i.e.
not creating an account). Running configure.py in the latest PyQt5 results in a message

Error: This version of PyQt5 and the commercial version of Qt have incompatible licenses.

How could PyQt5 detect a commercial version while the Qt installer says LGPL?

Regards,
Detlev

On Sunday 19 July 2015, 13:02:01 Phil Thompson wrote:
> PyQt v5.5 and SIP v4.16.9 have been released.
>
> PyQt v5.5 supports Qt v5.5.0 and includes the new QtLocation and QtNfc
> modules. Please read the docs if you are using Qt v5.5.0 on OS X.
>
> SIP v4.16.9 is a bug-fix release.
>
> Phil
*Detlev Offenbach*
detlev at die-offenbachs.de