[PyQt] [RFC/Braindump] static analysis (pylint checker) for PyQt
me at the-compiler.org
Thu Jan 8 21:28:40 GMT 2015
I just had the idea of developing a static analyzer for typical PyQt
issues, as a checker for pylint (http://www.pylint.org/).
I'd like some input on what issues could be checked. What came to my
mind so far:
- Slots not decorated with @pyqtSlot (as info, not error)
- pyqtSignals on a non-QObject
- pyqtSignals on non-class-level
- QByteArrays initialized with non-ascii/bytes contents
- Checking types of arguments (by extracting the desired ones from the
docstrings?) - this will probably the hardest one, but also the one
with the most benefits.
Anything else? Anyone who'd like to help me with pylint/astroid issues
regarding that? Unfortunately documentation is rather sparse...
http://www.the-compiler.org | me at the-compiler.org (Mail/XMPP)
GPG: 916E B0C8 FD55 A072 | http://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc
I love long mails! | http://email.is-not-s.ms/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 819 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the PyQt