[PyQt] QWebEnginePage API for callbacks

David Cortesi davecortesi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 22:06:25 GMT 2015

In Qt5.4, the new QWebEngine interface takes account of the fact that the
underlying Chromium engine is asynchronous. Four of the methods of
QWebEnginePage take an argument "FunctorOrLambda" as a callback to receive
control when the result is ready (for example, [1]).

Using PyQt, I assume we can pass a Python defined function or lambda in
this position?

I'm a bit at a loss what to do following a call to such a method. What is
the best way to "idle" until the callback comes? n.b. I don't see any
WebEngine specific guidance at the PyQt5 doc [2].

Thanks for any suggestions,
Dave Cortesi

[1] http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qwebenginepage.html#toPlainText

[2] http://pyqt.sourceforge.net/Docs/PyQt5/pyqt4_differences.html