[PyQt] Bug on PyQt 5.4.0/sip 4.16.5: Access violation reading location

Karina Fasolin karina at esss.com.br
Wed Feb 18 17:31:10 GMT 2015

We are having problems to port our code base from PyQt4 to PyQt5 and think
there is a bug on sip.

We are testing this on windows and our lib verions are:
Qt 5.4.0
PyQt 5.4.0
sip 4.16.5

Running a test for an editable QTableView in debug mode triggers a
"Unhandled exception at 0x544591af (QtCore_d.pyd) in python_d.exe:
0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0xdbdbdda3."

The error and stack trace can be viewed in the attached image. The problem
occurs on application exit, when the objects are being destroyed and we
couldn't find what is generating this. We have tried to
set sip.setdestroyonexit without success.

Running the same test in release mode generates the following trace:

table_viewer_model.py:114: RuntimeWarning: tp_compare didn't return -1 or
-2 for exception
  if role == qt_traits.Qt.DisplayRole:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "table_viewer_model.py", line 114, in headerData
    if role == qt_traits.Qt.DisplayRole:
*AttributeError: 'QLineEdit' object has no attribute 'QLineEdit'*

This error doesn't fail the test but occur for different modules an
different places in code, not only QLineEdit.

Have you seen this behavior before? Any thoughts about what is wrong?

Thanks a lot,

[]s

*Karina Fasolin, M.Sc.*
*Technical Coordinator*

ESSS - SIMULATING THE FUTURE | Florianópolis - SC - Brazil
Office: +55 (48) 3953 0017 | Mobile: +55 (48) 8813 1555 | Skype: karina.esss
E-mail: *karina.fasolin at esss.com.br
<karina.fasolin at esss.com.br> | www.esss.com.br <http://www.esss.com.br/>*