[PyQt] Failed to build PyQt5 under CentOS6, qwebengineview.sip error

David Boddie david at boddie.org.uk
Mon Aug 24 11:57:46 BST 2015

On Mon Aug 24 11:26:32 BST 2015, Phil Thompson wrote:

> As David suggested you probably need a more modern C++ compiler.
> The code it is failing on is a lambda function. PyQt asks for a
> C++11 capable compiler but maybe qmake doesn't complain if it
> can't supply one.

I forgot to provide a link to Wiki page that details how to build
Qt for CentOS 6:

http://wiki.qt.io/How-to-Install-Qt-5-and-Qwt-on-CentOS-6

It seems that gcc 4.6 isn't new enough, though the article doesn't
give a reason for installing gcc 4.8 instead of 4.7. The warning
that qmake reports about QtWebEngine mentions gcc 4.7, I think,
but perhaps it's best to use 4.8 to be on the safe side.

David (not normally using CentOS)