[PyQt] Simple Examples for using SIP with PyQt5

Robert Kent rob at gulon.co.uk
Thu Aug 20 14:53:46 BST 2015

Hi Johan,

Firstly, thanks very much :)

I have actually managed to run the sip command successfully and auto-generated the necessary code, my issue is actually with creating a working configure.py and hence a Makefile. The examples refer to “pyqtconfig” which used to provide a range of Makefile classes which seemed to fill in all the details regarding include and library directories and compiler/linker options in general for the Qt framework and sip. Any help on what the necessary options are or how to obtain them would be hugely appreciated.

Thanks very much, Rob