[PyQt] Simple Examples for using SIP with PyQt5

Robert Kent rob at gulon.co.uk
Thu Aug 20 13:04:40 BST 2015

Hi Phil/All,

Just wondering if anyone has/knows of any examples or tutorials for using SIP with (Py)Qt5. I’ve got a C++ Qt library that I’d like to expose to Python and whilst I can get a simple example of SIP with pure C++ to work, I have no idea how to achieve this with a Qt library. The method for doing this seems to have changed since PyQt4, but the documentation is yet to be updated.

Any help (particularly a simple worked example) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Rob