[PyQt] Deploying PyQt in a C++ Application

Ferguson, Eric W (397B) Eric.W.Ferguson at jpl.nasa.gov
Fri Aug 7 01:02:54 BST 2015

When I tried to use pyqtdeploycli to create a static version of PyQt I got
unexpected errors. I am targeting a 64-bit os platform (which is the same
platform as my host).

pyqtdeploycli --package pyqt4 --target osx-64 configure
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.4/bin/pyqtdeploycli",
line 11, in <module>
    sys.exit(main())
  File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.4/lib/python3.4/site-packa
ges/pyqtdeploy/main_cli.py", line 74, in main
    rc = configure(args)
  File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.4/lib/python3.4/site-packa
ges/pyqtdeploy/main_cli.py", line 138, in configure
    configure_package(args.package, args.target, args.output)
  File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.4/lib/python3.4/site-packa
ges/pyqtdeploy/packages/packages.py", line 74, in configure_package
    macros={'@PY_PLATFORM@': py_platform})
  File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.4/lib/python3.4/site-packa
ges/pyqtdeploy/file_utilities.py", line 105, in copy_embedded_file
    contents.replace(key, value)
TypeError: arguments did not match any overloaded call:
  QByteArray.replace(int, int, QByteArray): argument 1 has unexpected type
'str'
  QByteArray.replace(QByteArray, QByteArray): argument 1 has unexpected
type 'str'
  QByteArray.replace(str, QByteArray): argument 2 has unexpected type 'str'

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Ferguson
NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory
Mission Operations Engineer (397B)
818.634.1928

"It’s human nature to stretch, to go, to see, to        understand.
Exploration is not a choice, really; it’s an imperative." - Michael Collins