[PyQt] Which IDE is good for developing PyQt application

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Wed Aug 5 08:10:10 BST 2015

Hi,

(please write a new email to the mailinglist if you have a new topic
instead of replying to an existing one - otherwise this will get
confusing in mail clients with threading support)

* Binit Amin <binit.amin at tcs.com> [2015-08-05 12:33:27 +0530]:
> I am using PyQT for creating my application. I need to use PyQT IDE so that it helps me to suggesting some syntax and code.
> I am also using Taurus widgets in my application. So my requirement is that it should also suggest the command and syntax for Taurus widgets.
> Please suggest some good PyQT IDE which helps for this requirements.

I don't know what Taurus widgets are - I personally use vim with
YouCompleteMe and jedi, but I've heard good things about:

- PyCharm which has a free Community Edition and a commercial edition:

  http://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/

- The Eric IDE which is written in PyQt itself:

  http://eric-ide.python-projects.org/

Florian