[PyQt] layoutdefault and pyuic4

Angelo Bonet ab at rincon.com
Fri Apr 3 16:25:06 BST 2015

In designer, I'm trying to set global defaults for layout spacing and margins using the Form->Form Settings dialog -- and my requested values do appear in my .ui file in the <layoutdefault> element, but pyuic4 never seems to act on them.

Looking over the source to uiparser.py, it appears that the readDefaults method does store these values in a self.defaults dictionary, but they never seem to get referenced (or acted on) after that.

The 'uic' executable seems to honor them when it generates C++ code -- and pyuic (from PyQt3) did the right thing (back then, I think the element was called "layoutdefauts").

In any case, is this a known bug with pyuic4?

Thanks.