[PyQt] Partially Solved Re: printing/saving a graphicsScene()

giulianc51 giulianc51 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 11:55:07 BST 2015

Il giorno Sun, 29 Mar 2015 22:58:47 +0200
giulianc51 <giulianc51 at gmail.com> ha scritto:

Hi all

> I'm on qt 4.4.8, pyqt 4.9.3 and debian wheezy; my problem is printing
> a QGraphicScene() on a PDF file or saving it to an image;
>
> I followed some examples on the net like:
> 	printer = QPrinter(QPrinter.HighResolution)
> and like:
> 	pixmap = QPixmap()
> 	painter = QPainter(pixmap)
> 	painter.setRenderHint(QPainter.Antialiasing)
> 	scene.render(painter)
> without success :-(

I have had some success with these instructions:
	outputImg = QPixmap(xVp,yVp)
	painter = QPainter(outputImg)
	targetrect = QRectF(0,0,xVp,yVp)
	sourcerect = QRectF(-20,-20,xVp+50,yVp+50)
	scene.render(painter,targetrect, sourcerect)

it seems to be determinant the definition of targetrect & sourcerect; I
don't have complete control on the saving procedure but this is
a good improvement (for me) :-)

tia, sfmbe, best regards,
giuliano