[PyQt] PyQt5 build failure in sipQtWebKitWidgestQWebInspector: qprinter.h not found

Tim Smith tim at tim-smith.us
Fri Sep 19 16:19:01 BST 2014

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 11:49 AM,  Phil Thompson
<phil at riverbankcomputing.com> wrote:
> Strictly speaking Qt v5.3.2 isn't supported yet. It's behaviour may have
> changed.

Thanks for the quick response; now I see the explanation of version
numbers in the documentation and the supported versions in NEWS. Oops
:)

Homebrew perhaps hastily accepted Qt 5.3.2 and some users are asking
for a pyqt5 that builds against it. Do you have thoughts about
whether:

> Modifying configure.py such that MODULE_METADATA[‘QtWebKitWidgets’] =
> ModuleMetadata(qmake_QT=[‘webkitwidgets’], [‘printsupport’]) instead
> of ModuleMetadata(qmake_QT=[‘webkitwidgets’]) resolves the build
> failure.

sounds like a sensible way to build pyqt5 in Homebrew in the meantime?

Thanks for your help,
Tim