[PyQt] pyqtdeploy 0.6 missing patch for issue Python 20307

lloyd konneker bootch at nc.rr.com
Mon Sep 15 20:47:52 BST 2014

The symptom is failure to compile _posixsubprocess with "SYS_getdents64
is undefined."  You see this if your app imports traceback Python module.

It might not be important.  I have found that dragging in traceback or
os module drags in many other modules.  I am hoping not to import those
modules, but to rely instead on Qt functions and an error dialog using
only sys.exc_info().

(I was finally able to get helloWorld working on a real Android device.
My problem was, it was not a minimal helloworld, I was dragging in those
modules and with buggy code(?) attempting to log exceptions to a file.)