[PyQt] Install error on Ubuntu 14.04LTS

David Lonie david.lonie at kitware.com
Fri Nov 21 14:33:47 GMT 2014

On Fri, Nov 21, 2014 at 8:11 AM, Dmitry Shachnev <mitya57 at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Nov 20, 2014 at 10:49 PM, David Lonie <david.lonie at kitware.com>
> wrote:
> > I'm working on converting a large project that uses PyQt 4.10.1 (x11-gpl
> > sources) to be able to build a system installed python. My changes have
> been
> > working on Arch Linux, but when tested on Ubuntu 14.04LTS, we encounter
> the
> > following issue:
>
> Ubuntu 14.04 LTS has PyQt 4.10.4 in repositories (built against system
> python of course), why do you need to install an older version?

The project is distributed as a massive superbuild so that users won't need
to install the many dependencies by hand and so that all developers will be
working from the same environment. They wanted to be able to use an
external python to reduce build time on QC regression-test builds, but keep
as much of the build environment as possible the same.

As I understand it, anyway -- my task is just to get this working ;)

So is this a bug, or am I missing something? I wasn't expecting the install
step to touch files outside of the configured prefixes.

Dave