[PyQt] Portable Application

V. Armando Sole sole at esrf.fr
Sat Nov 15 17:04:43 GMT 2014

I also use cx_freeze. The resulting structure is easy to tune by hand if
necessary (adding files/modules in library.zip for instance). On my
PyMca project I have a cx_setup.py that does all the job. It is probably
overkill and includes more than needed but it works for me.

The only thing I was not able to achieve was to produce a linux 64-bit
"frozen" executable able to run on different linux 64-bit machines.
Frozen 32-bit versions were mostly successful (probably due to
compatibility libraries).

Armando