[PyQt] [PyQt5] PyQt generating segfaults in very particular circumstances

Alan Ezust alan.ezust at gmail.com
Tue Nov 11 17:40:54 GMT 2014

I was getting weird crashes with my main window application and it was
whenever I drag and dropped a particular dockable window. The window
contained a WebView, and the WebView had a URL that pointed to a resource
URL. The rcc file was compiled with an older version of pyrcc5 (from PyQt
5.2) and it turns out THAT was causing the weird crash. When I re-ran
pyrcc5 from PyQt 5.3, the crashes went away.