[PyQt] Hang when overriding QNetworkAccessManager::createRequest on warnings

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Sun Nov 2 20:46:36 GMT 2014

Hi,

* Florian Bruhin <me at the-compiler.org> [2014-06-25 20:14:49 +0200]:
> I noticed a rather exotic bug, in either Qt or PyQt.
>
> When I override QNetworkAccessManager::createRequest (even when doing
> nothing there) and a Qt warning is printed in createRequest, when
> using a custom message handler, Qt hangs.
>
> This can be tested by executing the example code, and on Mouser
> clicking on any currency.

I just noticed the same happens when overriding __init__ of QNAM and a
message gets printed during super().__init__(...).

An user had these messages printed:

    NAM init start
    "The name org.ofono was not provided by any .service files"
    "The name org.ofono was not provided by any .service files"
    NAM init end

Unfortunately I can't really provide any example code as I have no
idea where these messages are coming from.

Florian

             GPG 0xFD55A072 | http://the-compiler.org/pubkey.asc