[PyQt] App Crash with Python 3.3 and PyQt5 on Windows 7

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Mar 25 12:34:34 GMT 2014

Hi,

* Robert Kent <rob at gulon.co.uk> [2014-03-25 09:01:50 +0000]:
> I'm just wondering if anybody out there has had any success with freezing a
> PyQt5 app into an executable with cx_Freeze yet? I can successfully create a
> distribution with an executable in it, but when this is run the application
> crashes with the classic 'widget_test.exe has stopped working dialog' from
> Windows. This seems to occur at the point of instantiating a QApplication
> object, if I use QCoreApplication everything works fine. The PyQt app
> couldn't be simpler and looks as follows:

Yes, for me using cx_Freeze for PyQt5 works fine; even with your
example (after fixing countless bugs in it):

> If _name_=="_main_":

This should say    if __name__=="__main__"
(double underlines, "if", not "If")

> options={
>     'build_exe': {
>         'includes': 'atexit'
There is a closing } missing here.
> }

> executables=[
>     Executable(
>         script='widget_test.py',
>         base=base
There is a closing ) missing here.
> ]

So I'm going to refuse to believe this is what you actually did run.

Florian

--
() ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail    www.asciiribbon.org
/\ www.the-compiler.org  | I love long mails http://email.is-not-s.ms/