[PyQt] SIPping Wt

Jason H scorp1us at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 4 05:14:51 GMT 2014

Yes, Wt. Wt is a Qt-spin off for the Web. It follows classic Qt widget approach, but for the web. In fact it is a almost identical API. (the biggest differences are that classes start with 'W' not 'Q'. The other major difference is it uses boost.

I am wondering how hard it would be to get a Python version of Wt going? I asked about it on the Wt list and there was a brief effort to write a script, but then I mentioned SIP and nothing happened. The Qt toolkit come sin Ruby, Java and C++ varieties, and while it is possible to use it over Jython, there are so many layers there. I'd love a CPython or PyPy version.

I'm wondering how much work it would be to do the SIP work?