[PyQt] Crash on exit using QCompleter for QComboBox

Jeremy Sanders jeremy at jeremysanders.net
Sun Jun 1 10:30:02 BST 2014

I wonder whether the following is a bug in my code or in PyQt. If you
try to use the completer for completing text, then exit, there is a
segfault in QWidgetPrivate::deleteTLSysExtra().

This goes away if the completer is removed and deleted before the
program exits (uncomment final two lines in main).

I assume this is some sort of ownership issue, but I've tried various
combinations of parents and so on, to no avail. I've worked around this
in my code by creating and removing the completer in showEvent() and
hideEvent(), but this is rather ugly.

This is PyQt4-4.10.2 and sip-4.14.7 on Linux.

Thanks

Jeremy