[PyQt] moving from pyside, subclass problem

V. Armando Sole sole at esrf.fr
Wed Jul 23 19:56:04 BST 2014

There is a difference that you do not notice if you are under Python 3.

As far as I have understood PySide uses API 2 irrespectively of the
Python version.

PyQt4 uses API 1 for python 2.x and API 2 for python 3.x. If you want
the same behavior in every case you have to force API to version 2.

Perhaps that is not your problem, but it is the main difference I have
encountered.

Best regards,

Armando